Thanks for visiting the site.
- I ran my first marathon, the Pilgrim Pacer, on November 15, 2014. 20 degrees when I started; 31 when I finished. Hills and more hills. My results are on the right. At least I wasn't in last place...
- My logic text with Jamie Watson, Critical Thinking: An Introduction to Reasoning Well, came out in 2011 through Bloomsbury. It has sold well enough that we are now working on a second edition to be published in 2015. The new cover is below.
- My edited book, 1001 Ideas That Changed the Way We Think, came out in late 2013 through Simon & Schuster (and several other publishing houses throughout the world). The British cover through Octopus Publishing Group in London is pretty neat, too. This was my biggest publishing endeavor yet, given that I had to get numerous folks to write about all 1001 ideas! The Preface is written by the world-famous philosopher and bioethicist, Art Caplan.
- I am finishing up an edited book titled Revisiting Aquinas's Proofs for the Existence of God through Rodopi's Philosophy and Religion series, to be published by the end of 2015. The book is written in a debate-style format. There has always been a soft spot in my heart for Aquinas, given my philosophical training.
- Ben McGraw and I just got a contract for an edited book of newly written papers titled Philosophical Approaches to the Devil through Routledge. Something quite like this has never been done before, so we're excited. Great scholars are involved.
I am a trained philosopher currently doing research, analysis, and writing for the US Army with interests that include:
I have done a lot of academic writing, pop culture writing, editing, technical writing, researching, teaching, presenting, and publishing in the areas mentioned above, and in other areas, too.
(1) Professional Resume
(2) Academic CV